Goal #1: University Libraries will engage university and local communities through outreach, teaching, and collaborative activities.
- Strategy: Build partnerships with campus and community groups to support the mission of University Libraries.
- Strategy: Provide instructional support to teaching faculty. Assess and enhance librarian teaching practices related to information literacy and research skills with the goal of creating inclusive, learner-centered experiences.
- Strategy: Promote collections, services, and activities to users.
- Strategy: Provide focused outreach to increase knowledge and use of library resources, collections, and services.
- Strategy: Conduct usability studies of the Libraries' web presence with the campus community to enhance the user experience.
Goal #2: University Libraries will strive to make public collections and spaces, both physical and virtual, accessible and inviting to all members of the University community.
- Strategy: Comply with University provided accessibility standards to enhance the library experience.
- Strategy: Provide access to collections and services for remote users.
- Strategy: Create and enhance collection records to improve discoverability and provide more equitable access to resources.
- Strategy: Support the maintenance and visibility of digitally created resources and the digitization of unique physical collections.
Goal #3: University Libraries will embrace emerging technologies that enhance user experience, improve employee efficiency, and support the Libraries' mission.
- Strategy: Collaboratively investigate the technology needs of library users and staff to improve user experience and promote effective use of technology.
- Strategy: Explore and pursue external funding to incorporate new technologies.
Goal #4: University Libraries will foster diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) through its collections, services, spaces, and staffing.
- Strategy: Develop collections that emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strategy: Explore the use of alternative subject vocabularies and incorporate inclusive descriptive terminology for library collections.
- Strategy: Foster a diverse workforce by re-examining recruitment, hiring practices, and search committee training to align with DEI principles.
- Strategy: Educate library users on the value of open access educational resources and explore sustainable scholarly publishing models to promote equitable access to information.
Goal #5: University Libraries will recruit, develop, and retain outstanding employees.
- Strategy: Promote University Libraries as a welcoming place to work where ideas and diverse voices are welcomed and respected.
- Strategy: Empower employees in decision-making processes by asking for valued input.
- Strategy: Distribute publicity internally and to library affiliates to keep employees informed on all activities in the University Libraries.
- Strategy: Explore opportunities to address salary compression and upgrade staff positions.
- Strategy: Support on-the-job training, cross-training, workshops, and enhanced professional development opportunities.
Goal #6: University Libraries will build, maintain, and preserve robust collections and resources to meet the diverse information needs of the University community.
- Strategy: Identify additional external funding sources and consortia that can be used to enhance collections.
- Strategy: Ensure the library collections support teaching, learning, and the research needs of users.
- Strategy: Maintain optimal environmental conditions and recommend upgrades for preserving physical and digital collections.
- Strategy: Review library collections through collection analysis and deselection.
- Strategy: Create a data/metric-based formula for establishing the Libraries' collections budgets.