Transfer Attached Records
Item records (including order information, holdings, etc.) can be transferred from one bibliographic record to another. Follow the steps below.
- Identify the correct destination bib record (the one you want to transfer information TO), and make a note of the bib record number.
- Display the summary screen for the source record (the one you want to transfer information FROM).
- Highlight the lines for the attached records you want to transfer. Use the "All" option on the View pull-down menu if you are transferring more than one type of attached record.
- On the menu bar, click Edit, then Transfer attached.
- A window called "Select Distination Bib" will pop up. Enter the bib number of the destination record (the one you want to transfer TO). Click Search.
- If the summary screen of the destination record does not come up at first, go to the summary. Click Use Bib.
- If you are transferring all the records attached to the source bib record, a window will pop up asking if you want to transfer the items and retain or delete the source record. Select the appropriate choice. If you are not transferring all attached records, the window will read "Transfer selected records, retain source bib." Click OK.
- The system will display the destination record with the transferred record(s) attached. If you are transferring more than one type of record, click the "All" option on the View menu to be sure all the records transferred.
Kathleen Wells, September 2010
Revised, March 2011