Added Copies and Adds for the de Grummond Collection
For Added Copies (i.e., de Grummond already has a copy of the book):
1. In Modify Title in WorkFlows, call up the title of the book. You may need to add the subtitle to your search if the title is very short or very common.
2. Check to make sure De Grummond already has the first copy. If De Grummond already has two copies, do not process the book. Write "Copy 3 for De Grummond" on a slip, put it in the book, and put the book back on the truck. If De Grummond already has a single copy:
3. Create an acid-free slip:
a. Copy the author's name from the 1xx field. If there is a corporate body (110) or uniform title (130) in the 1xx position, copy those fields.
b. Go to your acid-free slip document. Type the first two lines of the call number, then tab twice and paste the author's name. Type the next two lines of the call number, tab twice, and go back to WorkFlows and copy the title from the 245 field. Go back to the document and paste it in. Add "Cop. 2" to the call number on the slip.
c. If there is no 1xx field, type the title from the 245 field on the slip in the 1xx position instead of further down.
4. Make sure the columns are within the margins. Then print the slip. Proofread the slip, then put a barcode on the back of the slip about 2 cm. down from the top. (Use only the actual barcode label, not the smaller I-mark label).
5. Go back to WorkFlows and click on Add Copies. Select Current Title. Scan in the barcode; then scroll down and remove the check in the Circulate box. Change the item type to de Grummond.
Change the home location to BROOKSRR (if you type BR, the system will supply the rest). Click OK.
6. To check your work, call the title up again in Modify and look at the volume/copy record. It should show two copies for De Grummond.
7. Autographed copies: check the preliminary pages and title page to see if the copy you are adding was signed by the author. If so, add a note to the bibliographic record: 590 De Grummond Copy 2 inscribed by the author.
8. Write the call number in the preliminary pages of the book (exactly where will depend on the book's layout. If possible, use the upper right corner of the page before the title page).
9. Statistics: record added copies in the ADDED column of the spreadsheet.
For Adds (books that are already owned by USM in a location other than De Grummond ):
1. Check WorkFlows to verify the location of the first copy or copies. If not held in De Grummond:
2. Create an acid-free slip as in 2-3 under Added Copies, above (except that there will be no copy number on the slip for an add).
3. In WorkFlows, click on Volume and Call Number Maintenance, then on Add Volumes and Call Numbers. Select Current Title. Scan in the barcode; then scroll down and remove the check in the Circulate box. Change the item type to de Grummond. Change the home location to BROOKSRR (if you type BR, the system will supply the rest). Click OK.
4. Check your work by calling up the title again (in Modify) and looking at the volume/copy record. In addition to the copies already held, it should show a copy in McCain/De Grummond.
5. Autographed copies: check the preliminary pages and title page to see if the book you are adding was signed by the author. If so, add a note to the bibliographic record:
590 De Grummond copy inscribed by the author.
6. Write the call number in the preliminary pages of the book as described under added copies, above.
7. Take statistics (recorded in the ADDED column of the spreadsheet).