- Open Boxes: Open all approval boxes from YBP, and verify the books received against the invoice.
- Check Holdings: This can be done before books are displayed or after they are cataloged.
- Display the Books: Place books on the appropriate deparment shelves for review by librarians and academic faculty. Write the three-letter department code on the white slip that is placed inside each book.
- Notification: After the books are on the display shelves, send an email to the Collection Development Officer. Provide the invoice numbers and the departments that have books for review.
- Review Period: Librarians and/or academic faculty members are to review books within a time period set by the Collection Development Officer (in an email to the librarians). Librarians are to notify academic liaisons of the review period. Books reviewed and accepted are to be turned spine side down on the shelf. Books rejected are to be placed on a nearby labeled book truck.
- After the Review Period: Place accepted books on the Approval Shelves to be cataloged by Acquisitions staff members. Place books that were not reviewed by anyone on a book truck and take them to the Collection Development Officer for review. Place rejected books on a book truck and take them to the Collection Development Officer for review, also.
- After Collection Development Review: Books selected by the Collection Development Officer to be kept should be placed on the Approval Shelves to be cataloged. Books that are to be returned are shipped back to YBP.
- Invoices: After books are cataloged and orders created, the invoices are entered into Millennium. Books that are to be returned are subtracted from the invoice.
- Returns: Box the books that are to be returned. Include in the shipment a list of the titles and a copy of the invoices. Complete the library's Items to be Shipped Via UPS form. Notify the Shipping and Receiving Clerk to pick up the box(es) and deliver it(them) to InterLibrary Loan for shipment by UPS.