Special Collections Library Instruction
Special Collections offers library instruction to classes on research and using
the materials found in McCain Library & Archives. Some of the topics that may
be presented are:
- General overview of Special Collections and its resources
- Materials found in the de Grummond Children's Literature Collection
- Examples of original art in Special Collections
- Using primary resources for research projects
- Overview of USM history
- Overview of materials in Special Collections by topic (civil rights, Civil War, railroad collections, Mississippi politics, children's literature, fairy tales, book printing history, etc.)
- Supported in-class research. Professors may bring classes into Special Collections for hands-on training on researching in an archives.
These examples are only a few of the instructional sessions that might be offered.
Sign up for McCain Library Instruction here.
If you have detailed questions, please contact Jennifer Brannock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601.266.4347.
*Course instructor must be present at the session.
**Classes must be scheduled at least a week in advance.