Reserve a Room
Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms may be reserved by students, faculty, or staff.
Cook Library has 16 group study rooms located throughout floors one through four. Gulf Coast Library has 7 group study rooms, all located on the third floor. Room size and equipment varies. For more information or to make a reservation, go to the group study rooms page.
Classrooms and Meeting Rooms
Classrooms and meeting rooms may be reserved by faculty or staff.
Room size and equipment varies as described below. To reserve a classroom or meeting room in Cook Library, use the room reservation form.
- Cook Library Art Gallery (LIB 105A) - Art gallery space available for receptions, small meetings, and luncheons. Seats approximately 48 people in theater and dining set-up.
- Cook Library Instruction Classroom (LIB 110) - Classroom with 26 computers, instructor PC, LCD projector, and Internet access. Also, conference table seating 14 persons.
- Cook Library Meeting Room (LIB 123) - Conference room seating approximately 60 persons with LCD projector and Internet access.
- Cook Library Computer Classroom (LIB 207) - Classroom with 20 computers, instructor PC, and LCD projector, and Internet access. Room 207 may be reserved through the Astra room scheduling systemmaintained by the Office of the Registrar. To inquire about room availability, please visit the Registrar's Office in Kennard-Washington Hall room 110 (KWH 110) or phone 601.266.5006. Room 207 may also be reserved by contacting the School of Library and Information Science at 601.266.4228 or email@example.com.
- Gulf Coast Library Meeting Room (GLIB 203) - Conference room seating 15 persons with LCD projector and Internet access. To reserve Room 203, contact Donna Smith, Administrative Assistant at Gulf Coast Library, at 228.214.3465 or Donna.BSmith@usm.edu.
Cook Library Research Carrels
Eighty research carrels are available for rent inside Cook Library. Visit the research carrel information page for details such as rental fees and application procedures.