1) Write out a Thesis/Statement to Develop Keywords
Ethical standards guide the professional behavior of
moral, ethics, ethically
values, code, standard
pediatrics, nurse, nursing, RN,
2) Use AND OR NOT to Put Your Keywords Together
If you do not use AND, the words will typically be searched
as a phrase.
Example search string:
ethic* and standard* and profession* and pediatric nurs*
3) Use the TRUNCATION Shortcut for Searching Word Variations
To find the different word endings, simply type the root word
and insert the asterisk at the end.
4) Use Advanced Searching to Limit by Date or to Full-text or Peer-reviewed
ethic* (will find ethic, ethical, ethics, ethically)
nurs* (will find nurse, nurses, nursing, nursery)
Look for an Advanced Search or Limiters to narrow your results:
- By Date
- To Full-text
- To a Type of Material (i.e. journal article or book chapter)
- To a Type of Study (i.e. case study, empirical study or peer reviewed)
- To an Audience (i.e. general public or researcher).