1) True or False: MLA requires a title page.
2) MLA requires the first page of your paper to be:
A. Single-spaced with the title of your paper at the top
B. Double-spaced with a heading in the left corner with your name, your professor's name, the course, and the date
C. Double-spaced with your name and address on the top left
D. The title of your paper centered and single-spaced below
3) In MLA documentation, how should the following parenthetical reference appear?
A. (Barrett, 1991, p. 17)
B. (Barrett, p. 17, 1991)
C. (Barrett 17)
D. (Barrett p. 17)
4) In general, how is the Works Cited list arranged?
A. Alphabetically, by the title of the work
B. Alphabetically, by author's first name
C. Alphabetically, by author's last name
D. By publication year
5) On your Works Cited page, which indentation style is correct?
6) True or False: If you use one paragraph or quote from a book, you should cite the entire
book in the Works Cited as well as the page number.
7) True or false: When you access information online, your citation must always include the
date when you accessed the information.
8) Which of the following journal articles is documented correctly in MLA style?
9) When citing a journal article from an online database in MLA style, which of the following
formats is correct?
10) When citing a book chapter entitled "Romanticism" from the book Mexican Literature: A
History, which of the following formats is correct?
Fill in the email boxes below to check your score and to have the quiz answers mailed to
yourself and/or your instructor.
Your Name (required):
Your instructor's email (optional): Invalid format.
The name of your college/university, school (required):