Internet Use Policy for Federal Depository Library Materials
U.S. Government Documents
Joseph Anderson Cook Library
The University of Southern Mississippi*
1. The University of Southern Mississippi's Joseph Anderson Cook Library, a selective Federal Depository Library, provides the university community and the general public free access to Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) information on the Internet as required by the FDLP Internet Use Policy Guidelines (http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/fdlp/mgt/iupolicy.html).
2. The number of available workstations is sufficient to serve The University of Southern Mississippi community and the general public effectively. Use is normally unmediated but may be mediated for patrons of any age requiring assistance.
3. Cook Library does not use filtering software on any of its workstations. However, use of library workstations is subject to the overall Acceptable Use Policy for The University of Southern Mississippi (http://www.lib.usm.edu/about_us/library_policies/computer_use.html).
4. Free downloading of FDLP information is permitted from library workstations. Patrons must create an online account to utilize the library's public printer system. There is a per page charge for paper copies.
5. Access to FDLP Internet resources is facilitated through the library's Web page for Government Information and links to specific electronic documents are provided through the library's online catalog.